July 29, 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SAWDUST ART FESTIVAL CELEBRATES 2nd ANNUAL COUNTRY WESTERN DAY
(Sawdust’s 2013 Country Western Day takes place Saturday, August 3)
Laguna Beach, CA – Sawdust Art Festival is hosting its 2nd Annual Country Western Day on Saturday, August 3, with themed musical entertainment, art classes and Saloon specials to celebrate the day’s festivities. Saloon Specials include all Bootlegger beers; $5 for 16 oz. Old World Hefeweizen, Rustic Rye IPA and Black Phoenix Stout.
Below are schedules highlighting live entertaiment and art classes, all complimentary with entry to celebrate the Country Western-themed day:
Country Western Day Musical Entertainment:
- Creekwood – Country music at the Tavern from 11:30am-4pm
- Felicia Kieswetter – Folk Rock at the Grill from 11:30am-4pm
- Patty Booker and the Players – Honky Tonk at the Main Deck from 12-4:30pm
- Sean Wiggins & Lonely Goat – Country Rock at the Tavern from 5-9:30pm
- James Setterholm Duo – Country at the Grill from 5-9:30pm
- Cliff Wagner & the Old #7 – Bluegrass, Blues and Honky Tonk at the Main Deck from 5:30-9:45pm
Country Western Day Art Classes:
- Lucky Horseshoe Prints – Create a beautiful horseshoe print on rag paper using watercolor crayons, cardboard shapes and ink; Studio One from 10:30am-12:30pm.
- Wild West Life Drawing – Draw live western models with Sawdust artist Deborah Paswaters; Studio One from 1-3pm.
- Western Collage – Explore your inner cowboy while creating an original mixed media Wild West collage; Studio One from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Prairie Sunset – Create a beautiful sunset using black and white construction paper, scissors, glue and watercolor paint; Children’s Art Spot from 10:30am-12:30pm.
- Lazy Lizard on a Rock – Paint a sleepy lizard in a delightful desert scene using construction paper, brown wrapping paper and tempera; Children’s Art Spot from 1-3:30pm.
- Gold Rush Map! – Create a mysterious California Gold Rush map using markers, tempera and your imagination! Children’s Art Spot from 4-5:30pm.
To check out more details about the Sawdust Art Festival’s 47th annual summer season and calendar of events, please visit www.sawdustartfestival.org or call 949-494-3030. The Sawdust Art Festival is open 10-10 daily June 28 through September 1, and is located at 935 Laguna Canyon Road in Laguna Beach with free City trolley service to and from the Act V parking lot. Admission prices are: Adults $7.75, Seniors (65+) $6.25, Children (6-12) $3.25, Children (5 & under) Free; Summer Season Pass $15; Annual Pass $20.
The Sawdust Art Festival is a non-profit art organization dedicated to educating the public and promoting the art created in Laguna Beach.
The Sawdust Art Festival thanks its 2013 sponsors Subaru, 104.3 MYfm, Hoegaarden and Kona.